Skip to main content

Reply to "Best summer events for 2015?"

Originally Posted by Branson Baseball:

Confirming that you're saying your son is a 2015.  

If yes, then this Summer of 2014 is a very critical time.

I presume he has a vetted list of schools where he'd like to go.  Vetted meaning third parties (scouts, counselors, et.al.) believe he could play there and be admitted.  And it's ok to have a few stretch schools on the list.

My advice is for your son to go play in front of the college coaches that he wants to be seen by.  He should ask his desired schools where they will be.  I wouldn't waste time or money hoping to be found or going to events that won't matter.  

Good luck!

Agree 100% with Branson. I think the best summer events are where the colleges player is interested in and / or they are interested in you will be. For instance my 2014 had specific geography desires, He wanted to be no more than 4 hours from home. We are in SW Ohio, so for him it made no sense to go to Perfect Game in Juniper. The southern colleges that might have become interested in him were of no interest to him. We planned events that were where the colleges that were on his target group were going to be at. That meant he played in summer tournaments, he went to 2 showcases and went to 2 specific college camps. All were within a few hours from home. However one of his summer teammates wanted to go south to college, his event planning was totally different because he had a different target market to impress.

Add on, I really should read my posts before I submit, my typing is  terrible sometimes!!    

Last edited by chefmike7777