Skip to main content

Reply to "Best way to let them know we want to go pro"

I agree 100% Jerny!

While we appreciate the support that many show for what we do. A parent deciding not to attend our activities, for any reason, does not qualify as being a lousy parent.

In fact, there are some "GREAT" parents who post on this site, who have outstanding players who never participated in one of our events. Two that come immeadiately to mind are Fungo's son and BBScout's son. Oh yes, here's another one... Bob Howdeshell's son.

While these outstanding players have never been to our events, both Josh Bell and Brett McMillan were highly ranked players by Perfect Game while they were in high school.

That perhaps is the strangest thing regarding "iowakiddad's" comments. We have no idea who his son is! We have over 20 players ranked in Iowa and I don't think any of them are his son. Especially not, if his son is really 5'6. The smallest ranked player we have listed in Iowa is 5'9. If he's from Urbandale high school we have the best prospect from that school in the league. This was based on the coaches recomendation.

We have not missed a draft potential player in the state of Iowa for 10 years. Most every club does not scout Iowa high school players outside our league. That is a fact!

We have missed drafted players in California, and other states, but we don't miss them in Iowa. Some day the law of averages will find an Iowa player drafted that we're unaware of. It will be difficult because we talk to every full time scout who covers the state. We have an Atlanta Braves scout on our staff. It doesn't seem very likely that someone will surprise us by getting drafted in a good position. But, you can never say never.

Beenthere, as always we appreciate your support, but disagree with calling a father we don't even know a lousy parent. "iowakiddad" might be the greatest of all parents. I do think he needs to be better informed though.

I hope he's correct and things work out great for his son. I'd rather be wrong about this one being a draft pick. But, I'd bet against it!