Skip to main content

Reply to "Best way to let them know we want to go pro"

quote:
BIGHIT15.....yOU DON'T HAVE TO go to PG events to get NATIONALLY
RANKED.

I never said that you had to go to their events to get nationally ranked. My son played in Jupiter and is ranked. He has not been to aPG showcase. So what. PG doesn't draft anybody or give scholarships.

What is a fallacy is that if you are good that they will find you. Not marketing yourself because you feel that they will find you might not ever happen. There are plenty of places that if you do not play on a travel team and do not go to showcases and only play hs ball then you will not be discovered. Some might get lucky. The superstar will stand out. What about the guy who would be 30th round pick and a great d-1 player, that is the one that needs to market themselves. He may never get seen if not marketed. Yes everyone has their network of people, but many get overlooked. There are players that slip through the cracks. Maybe a hs coach can get a scout or 2 to look at a kid, but it is much easier to get in front of 20 or 30 scouts if you play for the right team or go to high profile showcases. That is a fact. The object is to get a scholarship or get drafted. Not to get noticed by one or 2 scouts and told that you are pretty good.

There is a ss on my sons team right now who is getting some scout notice. He never went anywhere to play or went to showcases. Nobody knew who he was. And we live in south Florida. Home of many scouts. He committed to a school tonight, He runs 6.75 60 and 3.9 home to first. Scouts came to see my son pitch and then called the school and said "hey, I saw this kid". It never would have happened in Podunk. This may be one of the top 30 ss in the country and is not ranked at all by anybody. I talked to everyone I knew about this kid. Nobody listened to me. That is word of mouth, but it took the scouts coming to see someone else. How many good players never get seen.

the Florida Bombers
"I love the HSBBW"
Last edited {1}