Skip to main content

Reply to "Beware! of Louisburg College!"

Its funny how people slam people for talking what is true. I know for a fact that Louisburg does the exact same thing to players like he was talking about on here. First, don't let rankings fool you. Louisburg placed the vote for their region with Baseball America, which ends up with them being ranked. Not a real scientific method, but that's how it works. Secondly, they have had 44 players under Godwin go to school or pro baseball, what level? How many went pro? I think maybe 3 (it could be more, but not many more)have gone pro and most of those are FA signees. The only player I know of that has been drafted and signed that played for Godwin was Demetrius Heath, who was a draft and follow who signed after his second year (and was a heck of a player might I add). There may be more that I can't think of but that's all I know for sure that have been drafted and signed out of Louisburg. How many were drafted out of HS and didn't go pro after Louisburg? Louisburg does have some great players, I will not take that away, but most of them were sent to them from other schools. So, those guys are going to play because LC doesn't want to ruin there relationship with those schools. Which is a smart thing to do in my opinion. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours kind of deal. Ask a few players that have been at Louisburg how the money fared. I know of a few that will tell you they packed in a bunch on loans with a small amount of actual athletic scholarship and tell the kids they are getting full rides. This isn't right, in any kind of way. Recruiting does get dirty at times and teams do sometimes stretch the truth. But it seems that Louisburg does this regularly. I don't blame this poster for exposing what is the truth. I imagine if OldVaMan wasn't so nice and polite he could enlighten you further, but he's taking the high road, which says something positive about him. I, for one, think the truth should be known so I am going to tell what I know. One of the main problems is people perceive certain teams to be high and mighty and believe all the hype. Lots of HS coaches do this especially and use that to influence their players to attend these schools. My advice is to listen to all people when they talk about schools, especially if they have been there. They have the first hand knowledge and can usually tell you. I do disagree with one thing though, lots of schools aren't funded fully or at all, so they rely heavily on non-scholarship players to play and play a lot. So, don't depend too much on how much scholarship is given. Look at roster size, that should be the first indicator at how good the chances for competition are. With 60 players on Louisburg's roster how do they pick the best 9 to put on the field? If anyone says they (Louisburg's coaches)don't have an idea who will be on JV and who will be on the actual team is simply lost in the mist. If they don't know who will be on each team then they need to work on their evaluations I think. And lastly, if everyone will remember a player by the name of Elijah Dukes, who signed with Louisburg 3 years ago. He was from Florida, had signed to play football at NC State, then signed with Louisburg after he wasn't going to qualify academically. He was then drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round. Now why is this important? Louisburg's coaches told him they had a football team he could play on as well as playing baseball. Now if I'm correct, doesn't the football team start this coming fall? Did they plan on him being there four years to play football? Or was that just sour grapes from Dukes when he said they told him that? Now imagine what they tell other kids? Would they lie to a player, no way! As for Coach Godwin, I don't know him, or any of his assistants, personally, so I can't say what type of people they are. Although I do find it hard to believe that every player that wasn't happy at a certain school is a "bad kid" as some would have you believe. Ask the coaches at schools about some players that weren't happy there and see what they say. If they throw off on the player every time its probably a good indicator at what the real problem may be. I say to all college coaches, shoot straight with the players, tell them where they stand and stick with it. Don't sign players just so you don't have to play against them. Do what is best for the kids and help them any way you can. Don't be so competetive that you lose track of what is best, and that's helping these kids get educations and maybe a career in baseball following their time in school. Then maybe we won't have smear campaigns going on, but will actually have better people at the end of the whole thing. That's what I think.