Skip to main content

Reply to "Beware the backswing"

earlier in the tread there were several comments of the ump warning the hitter, which is obviously a stupid umpire. Then the innuendo was the kids swing was terrible and it was his fault. Then after I posted that it happens, wasn't a big deal and is part of the game, there was the sarcasm from one guy about his boy had played 100 games "on the big field" and your silly comment about needing to be 5' back. then we went into the one hand release being the culprit....

not a big deal, just that catching is tough job, you are going to hit and just because you get doesn't mean the batter did anything wrong or should change something he was doing...then I posted a couple links of big boys playing the game where they got hit in the same way...and guess what the catchers weren't and aren't going to be 5' back. I can also post a hundred or so links to swings by All-star MLB'ers with the same release...

your options are deal with getting hit from time to time or stop catching- there are no other options, the 5' back comment was just silly or complete lack of understanding on your part.