Skip to main content

Reply to "Bible study after practice?"

bballman,
I already asked that question and didn't get any answers.

Floridafan,
I respect your opinion, but no it's not the same, judaism follows the old testament, christianity the new, there are major differences. There is nothing wrong with bible study, it just depends on whose and which bible you are studying. I agree that Judaism and Catholicism are very close in nature, but they don't try to influence each other, I think that the bigger arguments lie within different sects of chrisitianity (correct me if I am wrong) trying to influence one over the other, the same that differences lie between the different sects of judaism, trying to influence each other. Not sure if any are aware, but many very religious jews look down upon those that are not religious and do not follow the book of jewish law.
How about participation in a study where those of different religions taik about the diffferences and teach others tolerance? I don't see that done often. Our world might be a better place for it.

Regardless, doesn't belong on the baseball field.

As far as pre game prayers, as far as I know from son the term "the Lord" has always been used, which is universal in nature and should be unless the school has religious affiliations.

BTW, jewish scholars and teachers don't study the bible they study the Talmud, the book of laws, even among the different sects they argue on interpretation, which I beleive that faith is.