Skip to main content

Reply to "Big 10 & Pac - 12 guaranteed scholarship"

I am a parent of an early commit to a big-10 school.As some of the above posters have stated that only the money is guarentied not playing time.Thats absolutly true.Whats also true is that it doesn't matter who/what/when/why a players recruitment happens playing time will never be a consideration.Only a fair shot at earning playing time.Also like other posters have stated money is not 100%.Thats also true.How I see it( only mho) dealing with early commits does give schools time to see what kind of person they really have.They don't have to deal with the he's done this or that. its a what he's doing in the here and now.How is he living life.Is the kid actually following thru on what he tells you about in your many phone calls.With OP its not my understanding that 2016 can't be dropped.Something we talk about almost as much as grades is not to embarress the program.While not understanding early commits.In our situation only. I suppose he could have a couple of really great years and the offer could be upped.But with the way things stand right now thats with the food going to be no charge to the kids added with I can drive there without missing a meal.I am just not sure it could get any better to make things some huge step up from right now.Could the kid have gotten more by waiting with another school?Maybe/probably but his offer was fair and the proximity to home was huge.