Skip to main content

Reply to "Big 10 football"

@Senna posted:

As a strawman? No. Thanks for playing. 

But if you’re asking if I’d rather have knowledge or not? I choose knowledge., no matter how displeasing. I’d love to know whether our young athletes are at risk for XX, YY, or ZZ complication from this.  Informed decisions come from that. 

No small part of our decision to reduce our son’s exposure by having him do digital learning is due to a small but not insignificant family history (mother, uncle, grandfather) of congenital heart issues that have not turned up until later in life. 

I hope everyone understands that I’m not just battlIng here to be right on a forum that nobody really gives a f**k about. Believe me, I want nothing more than my (schoolteacher) wife and (HS) children roll go back to their lives circa January 2020. I’m just trying to do my part to help people make informed decisions based on the best, most valid knowledge available at the time. And sometimes those are based on an abundance of caution. The best part of that? More people are often alive to say “You were wrong”. 

You should know that less than 0.2% of Covid deaths have occurred to those 24 or younger, or about 300.  During that time more kids that age have died of suicide, cancer and many other causes.  The over-reaction to the dangers of Covid to those under 80 has been massive.