Skip to main content

Reply to "Big 10 football"

@Iowamom23 posted:

So I'm now curious--and maybe this should be a different thread--there seems to be a lot of crankiness with teachers unions. What do people think of players unions? 

in General , I am anti any union in any industry. 

I just think that unions are there to protect the weak.. The good and strong will always be successful.

Most employees, in many industries are good workers in their fields. There are certain percentages that are not and are lazy and just put their time in without any passion what so ever.  The unions protect them.

It is also kind of like how it is difficult/impossible to fire a GOV'T employee.. that is ridiculous. 

In these many cases the govt is the union protecting the many weak who hide behind this protective curtain..(and I know many my self that fall into this catagory..taking 2 hour lunches,going to movies during the day (before wuhan)....it makes me sick. abusing the system of protection. 

there should never be a protective curtain.. 

In Sports ..there is no where to hide. If you do not have what it takes or the passion to improve it will be unveiled soon in one way or another and your lack will be shown for all to see.  It is up to you to improve and fix or get out and find another gig..

In Union/govt jobs  - this is never the case. 

I am self employeed and havent received a paycheck from an employer since I was in college. 

No guaranteed weekly salary.. no pension, no employee 401k(have my own) , no tenure.  If I do not produce -then my family suffers.

It is as easy as that. Should be that way for most.  Unions hide that.  the Govt hides that. 

Last edited by fishnsail