Skip to main content

Reply to "Big 10 football"

@Iowamom23 posted:

I went to a parent-teacher conference one day for my daughter. The teacher said isn't ----- your daughter? I said yes. He said, she's getting an A why are you here?

Not all teachers get that I didn't just want my kid to get a good grade. I wanted (still want) them to learn.

Other than that one class my kids did great in school. The parent-teachers conferences would have been “your kid is so wonderful” if I hadn’t asked how can they improve. Some teachers didn’t understand why I would ask if a kid getting an A could get better.

I taught my daughter algebra in fourth grade when she started complaining math is boring. In 6th grade made the mistake of telling my son I did the math homework on the board live when told to put my homework on the board. He thought it was a challenge and did the same.

The only teachers my kids had issues with were the anti athletes who didn’t like early dismissals for sports. In high school my son knocked over a plant swinging his jacket around. The teacher turned it into a crisis and gave him detention on a game Saturday. The AD got his detention changed.

Last edited by RJM