Skip to main content

Reply to "Big 10 football"

There are lots of professions that don’t have nearly as much protection. The union demands have put teachers in a bad light in some areas due some of their requests not having to do with protection and in some cases using this crises as negotiating leverage. 

** I’ll add, some teachers can make themselves into hero’s and villains. My wife for example has been very calm and makes the most of the situation. Tons of parents have already sent emails and calls thanking her for putting the kids at ease and feeling safe in her room. Over $1000 in donated class gift cards to buy supplies for her room. On the other hand, some teachers have been complaining the entire time and telling the kids how unsafe it is and in some cases encouraging them to stay home and being openly political to the kids

When my daughter was in fourth grade she came home upset one day. Her teacher told the class they were one lost paycheck by their parents from being homeless. I don’t know how a teacher can have the nerve make that kind of comment and upset kids in a town where average household income is six figures.

Another teacher told my son’s class President Bush is a war criminal. He was nine at the time. I think the teacher got off saying it in a town that is 75% Republican. The teacher knew the kids would tell their parents. The parents went en masse to tell the school board at the next meeting.