Skip to main content

Reply to "Big League Egos (unfounded)"

quote:
The surprising thing though is that every time this has happened, it's been a small time guy or a guy that just got promoted to head coach at a small school (not to take anything away from small schools with limited budgets). Whereas the coaches from the big powerhouse programs and the successful pro players and coaches are generally very receptive, want to see what's going on, respectful, etc.

Wow!!! I think this is way over the top based on what I have experienced and what I have seen. Know a number of college coaches, most at the DIII level, some DI and others NAIA. They are the best, most honest, genuine and sharing group you can ever imagine. If they can help a kid, they go out of their way to do so.
Same is true with the players I have encountered in minor league baseball. They are autographing for kids before games, after games, answering parents questions, working with the media, etc. Most will never make it to the "Bigs" but they do a marvelous job of marketing their game and sharing their time. Personally, I find the proposition offered to suggest a correlation to be either very offensive or based on such a small population size to not be worthy of such conclusion.