Skip to main content

Reply to "Big League World Series on ESPN Question"

My response about them being rec ball was in direct answer to the OP's original question. It is rec ball, it is run by Little League Baseball. Is Little League Baseball not Recreational baseball? I answered the question honestly and truthfully.

I also stated in a post that my OWN SON PLAYED REC BALL THIS SUMMER!! Surely you don't think that rec ball is for the most part on par with high level travel ball?

If you want to tell me that that team represented the best California has to offer then you are out of your mind!! I live in little NH a state with little opportunity to play high level travel ball so rec ball is still the king. The top high school players play for the Legion teams and the rest of the good players play for Sr Babe Ruth the equivalent of that LL league. Son just finished his regular Babe Ruth (13-15yrs old) He will likely play Legion or Sr Babe Ruth next year. But I'm sorry but 83mph doesn't cut it as top flight pitching for an 18yr old even up here in NH far from the baseball mecca that California is. It may have been one game but it wasn't a good example then of the true level of play.

Bottom line..I was asked what level of play it was an answered correctly 100% rec ball. End of story.

Did you even watch the game RZ1?