Skip to main content

Reply to "Big Pitch Count News--NFHS Requires States to Adopt Rules"

Stats4Gnats posted:

HRCJR posted:

Try this - works in Little League just fine for the past 7 years.

Try asking Cooperstown how many violations there’s been. They won’t be able to tell you because there’s little or no oversight beyond the league level.

In order to have any “teeth” in a rule like that there has to be a way to police it. Co has tried to make it possible to police by making it mandatory that all appearances for all pitchers are posted in MaxPreps, but as far as I know they still have no policing function so no one knows how well the rule is working.

Well - if I were a district Grand poo Bah I would get the data into excel and spend about 3 minutes formatting it to tell me if there was a violation.   The first coach that gets suspended will get the rest of the hens to stay in line. 

Having seen a few hundred HS coaches over my life almost all of them will recoil from being publicly embarrassed for cheating.  This is a group of people that love to talk in no particular order about stuff like:

1) Respect for the game (whatever that means) 2) Doing things correctly 3) Hard work and discipline 4) Being a good teammate 5) Honor 6) Integrity

There are more but you get the point.  It will take a little more work from the people that run these shit shows and I understand there is a excellent chance they'll hose it up because generally speaking the least competent people in HS sports are the administrators.  But they all aren't idiots and sooner or latter they will figure it out.