Skip to main content

Reply to "Biggest Off-season Drama"

quote:
I won't wish the Heat injuries...just terrible luck, and team dissension.
There's only one ball. Plus the Heat roster only has four players and almost no money left. It takes a quality bench to get a team through 12-15 minutes a game and injuries. Some role players are going to have to be sold on playing for next to nothing for the opportunity to win a championship. Where are Karl Malone and Gary Payton when the Heat need them?

The word after the season was Lebron was Batman and needed a Robin. Kobe has Gasol. Pierce has Garnett and Allen. Jordan had Pippen. With Lebron's decision he became D-Wade's Robin. You don't acquire a Batman. You acquire a Robin.

True superstars don't run to the perceived easiest place to win. The build legacies. They let the team be built around them. Staying with the Cavs would have been building a legacy. But I could understand leaving Cleveland. It's not a media center. Going to the Knicks would have been an attempt to rebuild a tradition and build a legacy. I was hoping to see the Celtics-Knicks rivalry revived. The Nets would have been the other New York and building a legacy. There was no way James was going to Chicago. He doesn't have the balls to stand in the shadow of Jordan. And James doesn't have the balls to play in the same city (for the Clippers) as Kobe and take him on one on one for the hearts of the city.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Robin James. The kid advisors, err punks who advise James and James himself don't get it.
Last edited by RJM