Skip to main content

Reply to "Biggest Off-season Drama"

quote:
Originally posted by ClevelandDad:
quote:
Originally posted by TPM:
I got a lecture from son, he can do what he wants, he's put in his time. After a while you do what's best for you, to make you happy, not others.

Shows you how much I know. Frown

TPM - I got a lecture back for your son. Tell him to put himself in other people's shoes. I certainly understand how he feels but...

What if Jack Leggett and Coach O'Sullivan would have bolted for say Arizona State after his freshmen year at Clemson. I mean, it may have been the best thing for them - right?

CD,
I didn't agree with his opinion. As far as lecturing him back, he's entitled to his opinion, if that is how he sees it. Part of his perception is when you work hard and do things for others, sometimes you got to do what you feel is best for you. We all know in the sports world there are people made up of those that want to make lots of money and those who will take less for a chanpionship opportunity, we see it in recruiting often too, don't we. How many players will sacrifice a large scholarship on a team but a lessor one on one that might get to Omaha?
I do remember one thing, when son was deciding whether to stay in FL or go out of state his biggest concern was about us, how we would feel if we were not able to be there often. We told him not to think about making us happy but do what will make him happy and stop worrying about everyone else.
I don't agree with his reasons for coming to Miami. But even grown men sometimes have to turn to their momma's for advice, can't take that way from him. Smile

This is NOT good for baseball (or hockey) here in South Florida, already a market largely dominated by football, now it will have to compete with basketball for attention.

Saddens me that he never called his former team to tell them and they had to hear it on national TV, also saddens me that Cleveland fans burned their LeBron jerseys.