Skip to main content

Reply to "Bishop Sullivan Catholic HS"

Obviously you have a connection to BSCHS and the baseball program as a player or parent. I make no secret about who I am (just look on my public profile) or my connection to the program or what I think about the AD and schools support for baseball. My statement about not having an advocate comes directly from other TCIS coaches that stated "for the second year in a row no one showed up for catholic". It was my understanding that he wasn't at the meeting first year and I will admit now that the post should have said "for the second year in a row BSCHS had no representation"! Let me start by clearing up a few things. I have no ax to grind with Coach Hall and I will lay 95% of the blame with the AD (who is the root of the problem) and Administration....but he needs to take responsibility for last season. He was offered help and didn't take advantage of it. If you have been around competitive sport then you should know that it is left to the coach to ask. Obviously he didn't think he needed help. At the start of the season he asked me to get the pullover he wanted (the AD vetoed his choice) and another dad paid for the jerseys that he wanted. He was told, by me personally, that the parents would run interference with the AD and Admin for anything he wanted just tell us. I know that myself and another well qualified dad coach offered to help and at the time he had Coach Martin and didn't need help. But that offer was there and he didn't take advantage of it. I built the home team bullpens 3 years ago and have no problem doing things for baseball at BSCHS. I was asked to keep the book one time (my wife actually did it) and told him I would keep it anytime he needed. He never asked again. You made a comment "despite complaints from a specific parent about another parent keeping the book"....I don't know of anyone who had an issue with a parent keeping the book. If that comment is directed at me then my issue had nothing to do with that parent keeping the book. The MaxPreps stats from last season are not correct and if you look at the MaxPrep site you will see that of the 21 games on there that the last 2 games played have NO stats and 9 of the games have partial stats that where all entered 4/27 and 4/28...after another parent complained. I am not sure what off season training you are referencing. Last summer my son got ONE email about a voluntary workouts and a request for game schedules so he could watch them play summer baseball. I replied with his schedule and that he would make any and all workouts that we would be in town for. Never heard another word! I will agree that when practice was cancelled for weather the coach did try to go in doors and got denied by the AD but from spring break on the practices lasted 30-45 minutes or got cancelled for no reason. The dad that you referenced as a score keeper last year would throw BP after the short practices to any of the players that stayed....unfortunately not enough stayed. As far as discipline is concerned the AD shouldn't be involved with how a coach handles the team. If there are on field or team issues that is up to the coach. We could go back an forth on this for days.....BSCHS will never have a baseball program until from the top down there are major changes!