Skip to main content

Reply to "Bishop Sullivan Catholic HS"

quote:
Originally posted by birddog:

To be clear and transparent on this issue I did deal with the program for the four years my son played there; albeit under the old coaching staff. So there's no need for a lecture on the merits of walking a mile in your shoes.

Having said that I will agree with you that the root of the problem is the AD and the school's administration. In fairness to the new coach he probably did not have the ability to simply ignore the AD like the old coahes did. That's probably part of the reason for their departure.

I'm sure the coach had his challenges with players, parents and the lack of a committed school behind him. I indicated that in a prior post. My observation of him, while limited, did indicate he had some coaching ablity and a desire to make a go of it. I'm sure he was well intentioned but it does seem strange to me that he missed an opportunity to advocate for his players at the annual coaches meeting as it has been reported here. Perhaps he was unavailable, I get that. However, at the end of the day the coach is ultimately responsible even if the deck is stacked against him. Perhaps it's time for him to move on given the lack of support.

I agree with your comments however a "changing of the gaurd" per say did not work the first time nor do I believe it will work a second time. This leads me to my initial comments that the lack of school support and the obvious incompetence of the AD tying the hands of the coach(whoever that may be)is the problem. For clarification I was more concerned with clearing up the inaccuracies in vavals comments rather then remarking on your posts.