Skip to main content

Reply to "Blast Baseball"

IEBSBL posted:
coach2709 posted:
IEBSBL posted:

We use Blast and if you look into the program itself it gives you ranges for the different levels of baseball.  i.e. JV, Varsity, College

We test every other week off Tee and Test every other week on BP

Do you have charts that each player has to track progress?  If so would you mind sharing one with me?

I do every player under a session and then my T.A. inputs the numbers the following day, it is a simple excel spread sheet .  I don't have the players do it because I want to make sure it gets done correctly and with accuracy.  We post the sheet on the dug out wall as well as have in on a google sheet they have access to.   We reward the following with a Gatorade.  (High, High Average, Most improved in all 3 areas)  I only keep track of the 3 areas because I did not want to get over whelmed as this was the 1st time I did it. 

The podcast below with Jason Ochart of Driveline might be of interest. He changed the way they measure guys from tee to front-toss, because the hitters were taking big softball style swings off the tee just to get max EV. He didn't like what that was doing to their swings. The hitting discussion begins around the 45 minute mark.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/po...&i=1000425346234