Skip to main content

Reply to "Blocking Problem"

coach2709 posted:

Yeah you can tell you got better in the second video compared to the first video.  One thing I forgot to put that I did see in the BF video is you need to get on top of the throw more.  You have a slight drop / sidearm throw.

As for the pitcher seeing your chest I tried to find some pictures but Google hates me.  Imagine this - in the runners on position you want your butt up higher.  Think of sitting on a short stool with the edge of your butt but your bent at the waist.  This allows the ump to still see the zone better although you're in a more athletic position to move around and block.  With nobody on your but can be much lower but this will bring your top more upright.  When I was catching in college I was so flexible that the inside part of my thighs could touch the ground.  I couldn't block things to my side but the umpire had a perfect view of the zone.  Hope that helps 

Okay, thank you. I did now change to having two stances, I always did have them, just in the BF visor I hadn't caught in months, I was playing first on varsity my sophomore year, and my throws to second have gotten better, you'll see when I get more video