Skip to main content

Reply to "Blue Grey Classic"

CVSting:

Mine was at W'burg as well....yes there were 20+ coaches there to watch the pitchers...only 12 were there to watch I/O, unless the others were disguised as empty seats, during I/O whomever it was could barely hit the ball (everyone resembled a slow roller) and they didn't even hit the ball to the OF's, they tossed it or rolled it to them. During the games you were hard pressed to find any scouts (I believe one from Georgia Southern, can't recall for sure, stayed throughout the event). The schools in attendance were Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian (not exactly the biggest names in college baseball) obviously W&M was there (they had to be). I can assure you that my viewpoint on the quality of the event was shared by 7-8 parents who expressed their concern with the overall quality of the event. Yes, they had issues with weather and yes they did a good job in getting the event in but after having been to several other showcases I can say that this one was not worth it (maybe the talent level didn't attract a lot of coaches) but whatever the reason it did not live up to others...maybe it was an abberation I don't know but I am unwilling to pay to find out. I'll stick with PG, Team One, Selectfest Thank you.

Conserve fuel...starve a terrorist!