Skip to main content

Reply to "Blue Grey Classic"

04CatcherDad....Off to College.....

I agree with both of your comments.

Our 06 catcher attended two camps at Notre Dame, which is approximately 2 hours away from our home in the Chicago suburbs. He really wants to go there, and loves the campus. Academically he is "set", baseball wise, he can play. Is he a "stud", no! He plans on attending a PG and Midwest Prospects events this summer.

I'm starting to formulate an opinion that bascically says, if you are from a 'warm climate' state, can pitch or play ss, your exposure nationally and to top D1 schools, is best achieved by going to these events. On the other hand, if you are a very good pitcher or position player, going to these events gives you a sense of where you are, and where you need to be.

Now being from a not-so-warm climate, I think that going to a college camp at the schools that your interested in is extremely valuable, and should be a tool used in evaluating your skills + indicating to that coaching staff, your interest in their program.

I know the process is not that simple, but I believe that either way, doing both events and camps, you should have covered all of your opportunities.

Does this make sense to anyone????

"You observe a lot by watching."