Skip to main content

Reply to "Blue Grey Showcase - Worth while?"

As I understand it, The Blue-grey showcases are basically a showcase for selected players interested in attending schools from that region. However, their more prestigious battle of the states contest and classics are held throughout the United States in parts of the midwest, south, and east regions and command a larger collection of baseball organizations because it offers the best from the showcases along with selected other prospects not present at their showcases. According to baseball sources, this organization has produced over 200 mlb draft selections in the past 5 years. I think every scouting service makes mistakes occasionally, so you probably can't hold a few bad prospect stats against any organization. Hence, you should anaylize the organization by its participant's success,college & mlb representation over the past five years, and the class of events held. The biggest key to exposure and success for an athelete is connections by the organization putting on the event. Based on what I can uncover, the organization is well established in the college and pro fields. Based on their website http://www.impactprospects.com/index.html they have representation in various sporting fields; might be worth a look.