Skip to main content

Reply to "Body type, pitching and projectibility"

Originally Posted by luv baseball:

Doc - are you switching gears on me talking about young people respecting their elders?  That is an entirely different discussion. 

In sports ...talent matters most.  Always has and always will. When you have it then you are "eccentric" or "innovative".  When you don't you are a "distraction". 

I would agree that any kid that is untalented or a equally mediocre talent with the masses that acts like a distraction will have limited options and justifiably so.  Even if you have talent you can become a distraction if you are too far out of control. 

Who wants to deal with a kid that thinks he's Mike Trout when he's a knuckleheaded Rainbow Trout?  But if he is Mike Trout talent there are 30 MLB teams that will put up with a raft of crap to keep you around.  See Josh Hamilton - your classic tatted up, loud music, drug addled punk player who will manage to make over $100MM playing baseball. 

No matter how clean cut my kid is - he isn't as good.

Luv Baseball,   At the Area Code Games today, the boys had a few speakers talk to them. Tom House told the players that they are being watched on the field and off the field. He also said respect for your parents and how you act when your having a bad day would be graded.    An SEC coach told a kid that he wasted his mom and dads money by coming to his camp. He told him that he was disrespectful to the coaches that were working with him and that his talent was just a waste. But your probably right Luv Baseball, those guys don't know what they are talking about!

If Eminem and Mike Trout had the same talent I would select Trout before Eminem.        

The way I see it, Eminem is more likely to discharge a firearm in a nightclub than Trout would be. I have been told that Scouting isn't an exact science, but sometimes gut feeling, instincts, and wisdom reign.