Skip to main content

Reply to "Bogeyorpar's D1 Academic-Baseball College Ranking"

Good points GOOSEGG.  I thought about a way to measure the acceptance criteria but since it varies from school to school and from player to player, I found it hard to measure.  Also, a lot of my info was anecdotal.  If other board members could help I think that would be very valuable info.  For example, of the top 100 schools listed, what school's baseball coaches do not have much flexibility with admissions?  In my case, we crossed off the schools that we knew he could not qualify for and focused on the top schools remaining.  As for limiting majors for athletes, I think it would be particularly helpful if you finetuned the list, ranking for a specific major, especially those that typically are limited for athletes like engineering, pre-med, etc. That could be a good project.  For example, listing the top 100 engineering schools for baseball players, notating those that have limitations.  The other information that was important for us was program attrition.  How many underclass players leave the program via transfer or other reasons (other than the draft) and how many players are in each recruiting class.  I did some work on a few select programs but it would take too long to compile for all the schools on the list.  I know another poster has done great work on this, COLLEGEBASEBALLINSIGHTS.