Skip to main content

Reply to "Bogeyorpar's D3 Academic-Baseball College Ranking"

Awesome indexed list Bogeyorpar. 

There is a certain poster on this website who asked me for some "mentoring" back in November 2015.   Initially interested in Ivys, I kept telling him to hammer away at the upper echelon of D3 schools on Bogeyorpar's list (before it came out).  The index has validated my thoughts and recommendations.  This young man has overwhelming grades and he's a pretty good & versatile baseball player too.  While some schools (in the same conference) went cold on him, he kept at it and coming back to me for more thoughts.   Finally, late in the Fall 2016 recruiting cycle one of those top schools contacted him (they are always consistently & historically late in the recruiting game) and they told him they wanted him.  He committed.  With a 70% academic weighting, I think Bogerorpar's list it weighted about right for the right balance with baseball....however this young man's school would be higher if academics were weighted more.  This school was most interested in his academics and I see HUGE things ahead for him in life.  When I saw this list, I thought of him.  He is mature, humble beyond his years and a pretty good baseball player whether he is catching, playing MIF or OF.  Steal some bases for me J!

Last edited by fenwaysouth