Skip to main content

Reply to "Bogeyorpar's D3 Academic-Baseball College Ranking"

cabbagedad posted:
Bogeyorpar posted:

...so I decided to create a college ranking system that reflect both academic and baseball strength. ...

Very cool.  For the sake of discussion...  Since the chart is designed (I think) to help those who are seeking the best options that include both academics and baseball, maybe it would make sense to have a disqualifier for those schools that are ranked particularly low in either category.  For example, if either the academic or baseball score is in the bottom 30%, they would not qualify.  So, a rank of 265 or lower in either would eliminate them from being listed.

That seems to makes sense, but you would eliminate a lot of good schools.  Let's start with Middlebury and Cal Tech.  I don't know if the  latter does any recruiting,  and I know the team stinks, but c'mon, it's Cal Tech!  Middlebury is a top LAC that is spending some serious money to turn things around on the baseball field so I wouldn't rule it out if I was looking for a high academic school for baseball.  How about Skidmore?  Nice school.  They recruited my son heavily.  Coach is a great guy.  Carlton?   Another fine school; met coach and he seemed sharp.  Some other good schools that I don't know much about in regards to baseball.  NYU?  Vassar?  Too many babies out with the bathwater IMO.

Last edited by JCG