Skip to main content

Reply to "Bonds is a Joke!! Mays, Aaron on Steriods."

I'm apparently as old as Beenthere, as I've seen them all play as well. Including Bonds' daddy, who was pretty darned good too.

Do I think Bonds has used something illegal? Absolutely.

Can I prove it?
No

Do I think he's one of the greatest hitters of all time?
Yes, even without his added bulk, his hitting eye borders on phenomenal, and to see so few good pitches and hit so many out, he is indeed a very vare rare player.

Having given Bonds his due, had Mays and Aaron had personal trainers in the off season, flexibility training, coaches telling them the best way to do ever thing but blink (oops, forgot vision training is now available too), video analysis, computer analysis of pitchers, etc., they may've hit even more home runs, but we'll never know.

As an individual, Bonds is an embarrassment. Can you picture Willie Mays putting a lounge chair in front of his locker? Can you picture Bonds stopping and playing stick ball with a bunch of kids on his way home after a ball game? Does anyone else notice he takes a lot of plays off? Mays may've been embarrassed at errors in the Mets' World Series game at the end of his career but it wasn't because of lack of effort. Bonds does look more motivated lately because he does want the one thing money can't buy, A World Series ring (although King George tries every year....).

Bonds is a great player but he will never have the class about him that Mays and Aaron carried so gracefully. With which of the three would you like to spend an hour chatting? No question, 90% of the baseball fans would not choose Bonds. Give me Willie or Henry any day. And I'm even a Giants fan......