Skip to main content

Reply to "Boras Classic 2017"

bacdorslider posted:
2019Dad posted:

Well, I was quoting the press release. It's advertising by Boras. But, hey, read any PG article about travel teams -- the first thing they do is mention how many commits XYZ national travel team has. So when they talk about all the commits on the Canes (or pick the travel team), does that rub you the wrong way too? This tweet from PG must drive you crazy: https://twitter.com/PerfectGam.../1062880566549323777

This is high school baseball web -- posters being rubbed the wrong way because of a post highlighting a prominent high school tournament (last year Baseball America, PerfectGame, and others all wrote articles on the SoCal Boras tournament) rubs me the wrong way.

Nothing in the post or the Boras press release denigrates Texas high school baseball or Tennessee high school baseball or anyone at all. It's a free country -- you can be annoyed by a post celebrating a cool tournament. But I sure wouldn't be.

with all respect due, my son played for the Canes National and Team Elite and played in the Area Code games and was a 1st team All -American and was flown all over the country and was ranked top 50 and all that....  it means nothing... nadda... you guys have a lot to learn... Boras this , Borras that.... he stuck his name on it...  

The problem that many ( not all)  of the new parents seem to not get is you are being played by the industry .... and your son might suffer for it...

It is interesting to watch parents that don't yet have a kid in college try to tell parents of professional ballplayers how the cow eats the cabbage.