Skip to main content

Reply to "Boras Classic 2017"

adbono posted:

BACDOORSLIDER wrote, "The problem that many (not all) of the new parents seem to not get is you are being played by the industry.....and your son might suffer for it..."

This is absolutely the point and 100% correct.

Being played by the industry? I guess because I freely promoted a Boras event on a free message board? Same thing when a parent posts about the Jupiter tournament, right? They're being played by the industry? 

Let me be crystal clear: my son's team is not in the Boras Classic. He doesn't play for one of those teams listed. I just think it's a cool tournament.  A high school team tournament. To JCG's point, it's fun for the boys who play in it -- and my son has a lot of friends playing in it this year.

billsfanla posted:

And I recall Notre Dame, a Boras invited team, was loaded with commits last year, plus they had Hunter Greene. They were knocked out in the first round of the playoffs by a scrappy public school team. 

Hunter Greene graduated in 2017. They could have used him last year.

adbono posted: 

I also don't like it when rich private high schools recruit the best players, give them scholarships, and then brag about how many D1 commits they have.  That rubs me the wrong way too.  

Boras is the one advertising it for these high school teams, but anyway Mira Costa, Cypress, Yucaipa, Huntington Beach, Ayala, and La Mirada are all public schools . . .

This thread is hilarious. I posted about a big high school tournament. And I copied some of Boras' advertising. And that pissed some people off? It rubbed them the wrong way? 

By the way, the NHSI is coming up in a few months. USA Baseball invites 16 high school baseball teams from across the country to play a tournament in Cary, NC. Is that topic off limits on HSBBW, too? How about the USA Baseball National Team? Also off limits? And Bacdoor, no one is saying it means anything, it's high school baseball. It's a game. It's fun. But it sure doesn't seem like it when I read your posts.