Skip to main content

Reply to "Boras Classic 2017"

PABaseball posted:
bacdorslider posted:

I was reading a few articles the other day , Baseball America and D1 baseball, they were talking about certain teams, and wrote like they new what was going on within those programs . and the fact is they haven't a clue.... we sit back and snicker at it all. 

It happens. There are school forums out there where people pay membership fees and bash coaches/players. I recently found one for 2019s future school where a poster was calling for the coaches firing because two sophomores (who would have been starting Cf and #2 in rotation) were not on the roster. What the poster doesn't know is that one was thrown off the team for a DUI and the other for getting busted with drugs in the dorms. But there are 17 more comments agreeing that the coach needs to go for releasing his 2 best freshman from last season. Stopped reading and caring when I saw a post on how the 2019 recruiting class was their weakest ever (2 will be drafted). I'll go to as many games possible and watch the rest on tv (probably on mute), but I don't care to read the articles, the previews, or the comments anymore. Just let them have their moment.

Big ups for the “watch the TV on mute” comment. Unless the commentators are somehow connected to the program (this eliminates all the ESPN shills) they have no idea what is going on in that program. But they will certainly try to pass themselves off as experts with comments like, “Coach _________ saw something he didn’t like in the pitchers mechanics and he is going out to the mound to get that straightened out right now.”  When in fact that announcer has no clue what is being discussed on the mound or why the coach is even out there.