Reply to "Boras Classic 2017"

adbono posted:
2019Dad posted:
adbono posted:
2019Dad posted:
adbono posted:
2019Dad posted:
bacdorslider posted:

with all respect due, my son played for the Canes National and Team Elite and played in the Area Code games and was a 1st team All -American and was flown all over the country and was ranked top 50 and all that....  it means nothing... nadda... you guys have a lot to learn...

Did your son not have fun playing Area Code and similar events? Why does it have to mean something long term?

Anyone who believes that every experience is completely worthless unless it means something for some future goal has a lot to learn -- maybe not about professional baseball, but about enjoying the ride. JMO

There is a big difference in enjoying the ride and bragging about the ride. JMO 

Sure, and posting about a HS tournament that my son is not playing in is bragging about the ride? I also posted a few weeks ago about the USA National 18U Team -- yet another event my son didn't participate in, lol, there have been plenty of those. We should amend the message board guidelines so no one posts about events their son is not directly involved in. But, wait, if people post about events their son is involved in, that would be bragging about the ride . . . oh, it's all so confusing . . . I just don't know what to do.

The comment about bragging wasn’t pointed at you specifically.  No reason that you should have taken it that way. 

OK, no offense taken. I was just having a little fun there at the end. I try not to take any of this too seriously -- it's a free anonymous message board after all. 

Sometimes it’s not as anonymous as you think

I guess I wasn't clear -- I meant that the people posting stuff that I don't necessarily agree with are anonymous to me, so I'm not going to get worked up over people's opinions who I don't know. They might know who I am -- lots of HSBBW-ers do, I've met a bunch, too -- but that's neither here nor there to how I react to their posts.