Skip to main content

Reply to "Boston College"

"Big East, except for Notre Dame, is very weak in baseball on the national level.

From what I've seen so far, only ND or the winner of their tournament will get an NCAA bid.

ND just set all kinds of records playing against Georgetown. I heard that Georgetown doesn't fund any scholarships for baseball.

Don't know how they can even get on the same field as ND! Rutgers used to be their main competitor in the Big East but now they are the
only dog on the porch."

Mom...In my opinion, everything that I've stated above is TRUE. I don't suggest for one minute that there are no quality players on each of the Big East teams, but I really rather doubt that the entire roster is dotted with players that you typically would find in the SEC, PAC 10 or ACC.

My son is headed for Princeton next year. Just because he is going to Princeton next year won't convince me now that the Ivy League is the league to beat next year!(lol)

I just couldn't pass up the chance to use your quote and an analogy that Chicago State (3-32 this year) might use "There has to be something right about BE baseball if the Top Teams in the country are willing to play our teams.."....Top teams are willing to play Chicago State (they played Miami and other teams that are highly rated) for a guaranteed W on their non-conference schedule.

If you don't believe that that is true, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for you to look at!

I'm a big fan of high school and college baseball. There is a very good reason why the Big East was down the list of D1 conferences in the country. That doesn't mean that they don't have good players, quite the contrary as much of your information suggests...they have some good players...but TEAMS...I don't think so and that will be borne out when the NCAA picks its tournament teams. If I'm wrong, you get an extra coke and a hot dog at the convention!
Last edited by BeenthereIL