Skip to main content

Reply to "Boston College"

I just look at the Maryland program and wonder if BC will really be able to compete in Baseball at that level. If anyone has ever visited the Maryland Campus, it is simply beautiful. And they cannot seem to get the top tier Southern kid to come to school there, and I don't even consider them a northern school.
Can you imagine what a kid from Tampa would think making a visit to Boston in January? It might be so cold here that he might start to cry for home, then realize his tears just froze to his face.

Interesting side note for those not from the greater Boston Area. The Boston Archdiocese just sold 43 acres of land to BC which is located just across the street from their main campus. BC's only initial comments regarding their intended use of the land is for possible athletic fields. If they would like to competively compete in the ACC for baseball, they'll need serious upgrades to their baseball facility, possibly a new baseball stadium???

Which ACC team draws the short straw and has to play in Boston to open conference play in March. I'd love to see Florida State playing at BC's current field on March 22nd. Cloudy overcast day, 34 degrees, light spitting mist that converts to sleet/snow by the fourth inning. Those of you from New England know what I'm talking about.