Skip to main content

Reply to "Bowdoin College Baseball"

rt.....

I'm not knocking his coaching abilities, and yes, we heard he has had good teams in the past! Just don't understand how one coach invites you to campus while your in New York, and then you make a detour in your trip to drive to Medford, MA to meet the Head Coach who was supposed to be available to meet with the student. Doesn't have anything to do with his coaching ability. Son liked the school and campus very much after we took a tour, but when there was little response, except for a year old newsletter about the team, he just couldn't understand why one coach was interested and the other ignored him and wouldn't even call him on the phone!!!!

I just think that the coaching staff has to be more inline with one another as to who they want to recruit, and invite. Many, many coaches expect these young men to be respectful and mature, as adults, but unfortunately those same coaches don't practice what they preach. It was at least a good lesson for my son as to seeing how the real world is as an adult, and how sometimes you can't always believe what you hear from people.