Skip to main content

Reply to "Bowling Green, Furman Eliminating Baseball"

@MTH posted:

Of course it doesn't.  Which is why all of these numbers you keep posting are pretty much worthless.  They create the impression that programs like Furman are self supporting, which is nowhere close to true.  Don't get me wrong, it sucks that it's impossible to find accurate numbers on exactly how many programs make/lose money, and how many programs are "fully funded."  But, posting vague, incomplete data really does not help. 

@mth

You might already know EADA is reported to the government at the end of the year.

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/t...668_147&rgn=div8

With respects to athletic scholarship and "full funded", in my humble opinion, that is the tip of the iceberg. .  My son, received very good money to attend a JUCO.  They $$$ seemed good, but the training and trainer sucked.  Note, this was in 2015. He and another player wound up with SLAP Tears, also because they considered it a catastrophic injury, the would only be liable to additional payments above 25k.

Note, although the financials at the 10k foot level. it can provide you a starting point as to how serious a school is about their program.