Skip to main content

Reply to "Boycott Gatorade"

quote:
First of all, the argument of s****r being the most popular sport in the world doesn't work with me.

This is America and s****r is NOT an American sport. We do not need this country to be more like the rest of the world.

I'm coaching 7&8 year olds this summer. There's no way they can learn in s****r what they are learning by playing baseball.

"Run down there and try to kick the ball into that huge net." Duh.

As TR says there is more to the world than what's between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, and Canada and Mexico.

This IS America, and we belong to this fraternity of other countries on this little thing we call Earth.

Golf is not an American sport, and to me to watch used to be extremely boring, even more so than socker. I didn't start watching golf until I started playing and could appreciate the skill it takes to hit a little white ball with a long stick. Even today I'll pass over a tourney on TV if I think there is something more interestin than golf.

I just finished coahing 7&8 year olds in the spring:

Lessons learned Baseball Socker

Play as a team: check check
How to win with grace: check check
How to lose with dignity: check check
How to respect opponent: check check
Play hard or dont play: check check

I'd say the lessons are similar, but then again you will find these common "life" lesson in most team sports throught the world.

"Stand in there and hit the ball"

Now, where's my dang Gatorade......glug glug
Last edited by Glove Man