Skip to main content

Reply to "Brazilian pitcher"

hostdad
While I understand your thought ( Showcase Talent = money !), I'm not sure this is the only way to help this fine young fellow follow his dream. While Division 1 & 2 athletes may recieve athletic scholarships based on talent you got to assume most of these schools have already used their allowed scholarships available. With this in mind he will probably have to walk on. You may want to check with every school (D1,2 & 3), that may offer some type of international exchange program that could maybe help with some type of finacial aid package. The Division 3 schools that offered money were based on his academic positon not athletic ability. Since you have 3 schools that are interested in this young man I would select one of these schools that best fits his goals and call them and let them know this is where he wants to go. Call the baseball coach call the academic adviser and discuss all of the options that may be avaiable. I couldn't tell you the times or hours I spent in converstation with the academic advisers and the head coach of our choice. They helped us find other scholarship monies outside of what the school could offer. The first finacial package we recieved was simular to what you posted. The final package we recieved allowed our son to continue his baseball career. Pick A school and start talking and go find and showcase his talent.

fc v dad

Go Hampden-Sydney Tigers!
Last edited by Former Member