Skip to main content

Reply to "Brian McCann and the home run police."

Originally Posted by jp24:
Originally Posted by Matt13:
Originally Posted by oldmanmoses:

JH they were not the ones on MLB network or ones I have talked to. I geuss guys like Gibson, Koufax, Seaver. Marachial, Johnson,Newcombe, Maglie, Clemens, Jenkins, Richards were not right? ALL of them BACKED guys off and occasionally threw at them. I suppose you would not have voted for any of them for the hall of fame or all star teams. No one said to throw at his head. Ribs and backside are fair game in this instance.Thats why Harold Reynolds was so emphatic that he never should have seen a pitch after that swing. Sorry but we differ greatly on this subject.

You really don't know the history of this situation, do you?

The history is still unfolding; this is just another round in a marathon battle. It'll go on. But anyone who thinks Gomez didn't lose this round just isn't able to look at it objectively. Hell, even HE (or the Brewers) thought he was such a punk that he needed to make an apologetic statement. If THEY think he was wrong, who's to argue?

That's not the issue at hand with what was said. He said McCann should be commended. McCann, in this ongoing situation (and others,) is the one of the biggest culprits. If he was going to confront Gomez, the only thing out of his mouth should have been, "Ok, we're even now. We're done."