Skip to main content

Reply to "Bringing in "Ringers""

Originally Posted by BishopLeftiesDad:
Originally Posted by Mizzoubaseball:
Originally Posted by can-o-corn:

Actually when my son was ten and we went to the Cooperstown Dreams Park for the ten year old week a team from San Diego did fly in Bryce Harper just for the championship game to pitch.  They won.

http://www.cooperstowndreamspa...K1_CHAMPIONSHIP.html

I guess I have too much time on my hands.  

In the box score, Bryce's team has 11 guys listed, one played centerfield and didnt hit, and one pinch hit once.  Looking at the team picture there are 12 kids, so I guess 1 didnt play at all.  Ask those three kids about ringers.  Pay all that money to go to Cooperstown and not play, get one at bat, or one defensive inning, in the final.

Looking at the pictures, the second place team seems happier that the first, by smile count.

2003 Week #1 Champions - SAN DIEGO STARS NORTH (CA)

Smiles 5 out of 12.

2003 Week #1 Runnersup - BROWARD BULLDOGS (FL)

Smiles - 10 out of 13

Actually the 2nd place team was probably smiling because the week was over.  Their coach, a former professional athlete made the week hell for those kids and any team that they played. He showed the worst of coaching kids using his size and demeanor to bully and intimidate his players, the other teams players and coaches and the umps.  I am glad my son never had to play for someone like that.  Sorry for the threadcrap, back to the OP's topic.