Skip to main content

Reply to "Brown Baseball"

LuckyCat posted:
ABSORBER posted:

My advice. Have your son contact them ASAP. Send metrics, video, and provide current GPA, test scores (if he has them), and let them know why he is interested in Brown. They didn't appear to have any 2020 commits (from what I could see) until this past summer. That doesn't mean they didn't have any--it just means they weren't posted on the usual sites (PG and PBR). And that also doesn't mean they weren't looking at recruits and didn't have their "list". Quite the opposite. I believe that could be said of all the Ivy's. They are certainly tracking 2021's and know who they want to go after. Some have plenty of 2021 commitments already. Now is the time to let them know you are very interested.

My son talked with the Brown HC at Showball (August date in Medford, NY). He had contacted them at the beginning of summer but at the time Brown was not his first choice. As his choices narrowed he began to give them more thought and spent time looking at the school and thinking about if it would be a fit academically. He decided it was. The Brown HC told him he liked him but they were looking at several others ahead of him at his position. Which said to me my son was a bit late to the party.

It also told me they are not a very good judge of talent!  ;-)

Absorber, I don't think your son was late to the party.  Your son is on their list, which is not fixed in stone.  Hopefully they will get more chances to see him play this summer and realize their mistake.  From what I'm seeing, most HA schools, including most of the Ivies, are just getting started with the 2021s.  

Good luck to him and to BaseballDad72's son!

No, he's a 2020 so he was definitely late! I made that comment because I wanted the OP and others to realize how important it is to start communicating with Ivy coaches! Especially true for 2021's!

As for my son, he committed to a different school which I think was a better fit for him.