Skip to main content

Reply to "Budgeting for out of state tournaments."

If it's more than 3 or 4 days, we always tried to use VRBO to find a condo/house instead of a hotel.  We did it in GA for the WWBA, Knoxville and Nashville.  In GA, we had a 4000+ sq foot house on a lake with a dock (took a book and jet skis).  $395/night split 3 ways was very, very affordable considering we had a total of 14 people including some extra players.  Went to the grocery store the first day.....loaded up on snacks, grillable food and drinks.  Probably spent a grand total of $500 or so on food for the 7 days.  We did eat out a couple times when we had games a couple hours apart and an hour from the house.  Same situation in Knoxville.  Unbelievable house...again, $350/night split 3 ways.  We got knocked out early....made for a nice place to have a huge team bash the day before we headed home.  Ended up with 30+ people sleeping there....and nobody had to sleep on the floor (did I mention it was a big place lol)?   In Nashville, I had my son and 4 other players (17U).....rented a 2-story townhouse for $110/night.  I wanted to cover it, but a couple of the other players parents insisted on paying something so I let them pay $50 toward our food cost.  Breakfast and dinner at the townhouse most days.  Again, food savings was a huge benefit of doing this.

Last edited by Buckeye 2015