Skip to main content

Reply to "CABA High School World Series"

Lakebummer

Just for your record we were at the University of Kentucky playing against a few others from other States. Been to CABA WS in Ohio a few yrs ago. Glad you are enjoying it.

As far as GA and the PG event. We played on East Cobb a couple times and some HS fileds as well. HS fields down there are better then most college surfaces up here. Not exactly sure what your comment about no scouts means.
They seemed to find darn near every game we played.
Wait, they did find us every game , you big knucklehead, your just trying to get me going! lol..

Since you did....

Had a 2011 kid with me down there, as I looked in the box with him up there, couldnt help but think to myself of the situation. Playing a real nice team from N Ohio. With all the hoopla about exposing this and that, and talk about teams doing this or that, frankly I am not a big fan. What I am a big fan of is ,the Ohio team brought in a kid 92-94 . He has been up to 96. I am looking at the Illinois player fouling the 1st two pitches straight back to the screen. Then a hard hit ground ball fielded up the middle for an out.
Say what you want about all this other stuff,
Game reps against the best. Been there done that attitude, confidence of knowing he has already seen it. It helps make players. I would not trade that experience for that kid with anything we did down there. People are beginning to miss the importance of playing the game.

Our 18's did have a great run down there. They should have. They can hit. There are also 4 drafts on the team. Not sure of anyones expectations but mine are the same every time we take the field. We will play hard, we will play clean and we have fun. The game is simple if you keep it that way.

Lakebummer,

more on where the Sparks were? We had 2 teams of 18's that won both their tournys in a rained shortened tourny at NIU. We had one of our 17's in Indy at a Tourny they won. I was like I said , at UK playing against A Green from Michigan, Indy Bulls and the Rawlings team from St Louis area.

No scouts there either... lol..

Good bye bummer, and thanks for the chat..
I just hope that you arent involved with any kids.
Not good for'em imo..
Last edited by SPARKY1