Skip to main content

Reply to "CABA High School World Series"

Some travel teams are run for the financial benefit of the manager. Some are run for more altruistic reasons. Some are to win tournaments, some are designed more to expose the kids. If you don't realize that there are different motives for different teams, what world are you living in? You think everone is in it for "the right reasons". Who decideds what the right reasons are? You? Each person might have a different "right reason".

My son did want to play for TT at the time. He and I felt mislead. If you have a problem with it, tough.

Kids switch teams because they are looking for the right situation for them. Maybe some kids want better competition, some better coaching, some more exposure. My son is in his second year with the Norwood Blues. Top coaching, with and against top competition (most weeks), not as much exposure as I would like. It is a trade off.

Is there a perfect team. I don't know. Maybe there is but the cost are too high. There are tons of reasons why people do what they do. This board helps people determine what programs are good for what. Some have different strengths.

The Sparks were attacked here. From everything I hear, they offer good coaching, top competition, good exposure. Yet they were attacked. Get a life Nails.

And by the way, my kids IS a player, he is being contacted. I feel he could be in higher profile tournaments. But, he likes the coach, his teammates and it is his decision.
Last edited by bballdad1954