Skip to main content

Reply to "Cal baseball..gone??"

quote:
Originally posted by 3FingeredGlove:
cheapseats,
The rule says that the player is not eligible if the transfer occurs after the conclusion of the first term. The excerpt of a letter that you quoted says the same thing.

I think that means that if the player transfers now (which is before the conclusion of the first term), he would be eligible in the spring, assuming academics are in order.

3fingered - I understand what you are saying now, you are saying if they do not complete the fall semester at Cal (i.e. drop their fall classes at Cal) AND if they enroll for fall 2010 at a new DI that might be a way to be able to play elsewhere at a new DI in the spring. I realize universities in California start fall classes later in September than they do in other parts of the country so that may be an option (most schools in the south begin in August). If a Cal player is thinking of going that route I would recommend they call the NCAA to clarify the rule. I would think the best option at this time would be stay the course and finish the spring with their current Cal team while looking for a new baseball home for fall of 2011.

Also, like you mentioned earlier there may be conference rules in place that would prevent them from competing this spring if they transfered within the conference.
Last edited by cheapseats