Skip to main content

Reply to "Cal State campuses will not open this fall, fall sports cancelled, UC schools may follow"

@Goosegg posted:

There is a diagnostic, instant result, at-home spit test in late stage development. Described as analogous to a pregnancy test.

While not a therapeutic or vaccine, this could be a testing breakthrough and cut through the gordian knot of the raging two issues: confidence and safety.

With the pace of diagnostic test development (4 months ago nothing, 3 months ago nasal swab, 45 days ago instant, 30 days ago saliva, last week better instant, today at-home saliva [sent to a lab]), waiting until the last moment to make a decision on postponing school seems prudent. What that last moment is may be different to each organization, tho.

In scientific time we're traveling faster than light speed; in plague time, it is one grain of sand at a time to fill a bucket.

This x 100  

Both my son & I had a rough cough week of Mar 20. 

Wife & I were sleeping 10+ hrs/day that entire week (normally get by with 7) and were exhausted.

Wife had 2 toes on her right foot swell up and turn red for 3 days, then overnight they were fine. 

The uncertainty vs any other illness we have faced as a common issue is one of hardest parts of dealing with this. Am I immune? Am I at risk? Can I spread it to high risk individuals?  These unknowns are what frustrate me and, I believe, the majority of us.