Skip to main content

Reply to "Cal State campuses will not open this fall, fall sports cancelled, UC schools may follow"

My opinion is that the adults have to assess their own risk and make a decision. If they are relatively healthy and under 70, there is almost zero risk to them to be at school same as before. My opinion is kids and adults can and should be back without any restrictions because the data right NOW suggests they can. I don't believe in putting an entire generation of kids behind because "we just don't know" now. I think there is enough data out there that shows this.

People have to realize 99% will recover. If you get it, you have almost certainty you will be fine. Not the media driven narrative that it's a death sentence. I believe that the 1% population heavily at risk should think about avoiding most of the population when they can, government should do everything possible to assist them. As it was noted in the Senate today, this may be like some other diseases where it's here forever. Have to live with it and help those most affected, not restrict the majority that isn't. I also think most Americans would prefer this too, kids go without masks and carry on.