Skip to main content

Reply to "California Collegiate League vs. Northwoods"

2020 Lefty, I totally get the preference to have him nearer home and, no doubt, Northwoods is first rate.  On the other hand, if your son hasn't had the opportunity to spend much time in California, this could be a great opportunity.  Having grown up in the Upper Midwest, I would have killed for a chance to spend a summer in some of these places as a college age kid.  Most locations and organizations in CCL are great.  There are significant differences in home locations, though.  We live very near San Luis and not too far from Santa Barbara.  Those two in particular are both well run, good fan base and awesome places to be in the summer.  Some others are much closer to very big cities and have the associated traffic and societal issues.  I too would be glad to answer more specific questions if you'd like to PM me regarding a specific team he may have an opportunity with.  Several of my former HS  and travel players have played in the league and one son coached a season for the Arroyo Seco team... good people.  There are one or two where I would be inclined to pass.

Go44, that's a great pull!!!  If you come out to visit and happen to head up the road for one of the Foresters/SLO Blues games, let me know!

Last edited by cabbagedad