Skip to main content

Reply to "California Collegiate League vs. Northwoods"

@2020Lefty posted:

My son got word that he would be placed at the Walnut Creek Crawdads if he chose the CCL.

Any info on this team, living conditions,  travel........greatly appreciated.

Hey Lefty,

Looks like you didn't get a ton of response to this specifically... not sure if you got much via PM?

I don't have a lot of familiarity with the Crawdads program specifically.  So, I will throw in some general pro's and con's...

Walnut Creek is, as Consultant stated, in a very nice, wealthy area of the East Bay.  I personally really like the feel of the campus at St. Mary's - like you are far removed from the surrounding huge Bay Area craziness.  A bit of a haven.  That said, the player would not be conveniently near any beach setting like he would with many of the others like the Foresters, Blues, Arroyo Seco, Orange County, etc.  And, considering the heavy game schedule of the league, not sure he would get the opportunity to get off far enough to explore the coast.  He would more likely be doing short day trips to SF where there is a ton to see.  It just may or may not be the things a young ballplayer may have in mind when offered the chance to spend the summer in California.