Skip to main content

Reply to "California High School infields"

Consultant posted:

Cabbage; please open this web site. Koshien is the home of the Japan HS National Championship each year. watched by 40,000 at the games and 40 million on TV.

Our American teams have played the National Team at Koshien. The HS Stadiums in each Prefecture are all dirt infields. The Regional Stadiums seat 5,000. During a game the infield is dragged in the 5th inning of the 9 inning game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpRc-Km9t3Y

In Australia, we play on "all grass" infields except for the cutouts at the bases. This year in New Zealand our teams played on beautiful fields of dirt and grass.

Bob

<www.goodwillseries.org>

Bob, that is interesting that they chose to go with a dirt IF in a nice stadium like that. But it's go to be the exception that proves the rule, and I'm sure that in this case that dirt is pristine.  If you look at the skinned IF's in our area, they are anything but.   For example, when my 2017 was put on Varsity as a freshman in HS I had mixed feelings, but one of the positives was that I knew he wouldn't be losing any teeth playing SS or 2B on our horrible skinned JV field.